Els Vinyerons Saltamarti Garnacha

Els Vinyerons Saltamarti Garnacha

Regular price
€20,00
Sale price
€20,00
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Tax included.

Delicate purple flowers on the nose with aromas of red currants and black pepper. Lean and agile on the palate with fresh minerality and bright red fruit. 100% Tempranillo from sand and limestone soils at an altitude of 250 m above sea level. The grapes are de-stemmed and fermented in stainless steel with a few days on the skins. 10% of the wine is aged in 300L French oak barrels for 1 year and the other 90% in stainless steel. No fining or filtration. 

 

Els Vinyerons

A joint venture between Amós Bañeres and Alex Ruiz in Penedès, Catalonia. Amós is a former pharmacist who grew tired with his occupation and started to make natural wine in 2011 under the Amós Bañeres name. He joined with Alex, a winemaker who had been making cava for his family winery (they just celebrated their 100-year anniversary in 2020), and was yearning for a fresh challenge.



Amós’ own label, his namesake, are the wines that he grows and makes himself on his own estate, made only with Macabeo and Xarel-lo for the whites, and Garnatxa for his single red wine. Els Vinyerons, on the other hand, is a partnership between Amós and Alex, who is the owner of vineyards of mostly Xarel-lo and small amounts of Tempranillo and Grenache.

 

Els Vinyerons is organic, fruit is all hand harvested, wild fermented, unadjusted, unfiltered, unfined, and the wines without any added sulphites.